21 Benefits of sex
By: Karina VelascoJuly 21, 2018Views: 326
Once you read this, you would like to have sex more often and you will know all the benefits sex has for your body and brain.
- It helps healing depression because after sex our brain produces endorphins that diminish stress and induce a state of euphoria and happiness.
- According to a study by the University of Queens in Belfast, Ireland, having sex regularly adds longevity to our lives. People who experience regular orgasms have a 50 per cent higher chance of prolonging their lives than those who don’t.
- Sex aids in weight loss. A passionate romp in the sack can burn up to 200 calories, the equivalent of running for 15 minutes.
- It is an ideal muscle booster, especially for men’s biceps. Can you imagine the amount of push-ups they do!
- Sex helps intensify our senses, in particular our sense of smell. After sex, prolactin escapes our cells and helps form new neurons that benefit our sense of smell.
- Sex is 10 times more effective than any pain medication. Before an orgasm, oxytocin levels become five times higher than usual and release endorphins, which are a natural pain remedy. So next time your partner says they have a headache, treat them to a good sex session.
- Doubles the levels of estrogen in the body and helps our hair become shinier and our skin smoother.
- Due to the exercise involved, it is a deep cleansing tool that improves our skin and hair, as well as reduces the risk of dermatitis.
- It stimulates the immune system and increases blood flow.
- Helps regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Increases estrogen levels and stimulates the production of cortisone and endorphins.
- Protects menopausal women from heart disease and bone density loss. It also keeps the tissue in the vagina healthy and moisturized.
- It helps prevent prostate problems in men.
- During sex, our heart rate is raised making it a cardiovascular workout that allows prana (life force) to spread to all vital organs.
- It keeps us in the present moment; it frees our mind and gives it a break.
- A sexually active body has a greater quantity of pheromones. This subtle aroma excites the opposite sex.
- Sex is more effective than Valium. It is the safest tranquilizer in the world.
- It is a natural antihistamine that combats asthma, allergies and colds.
- It strengthens women’s pelvic muscles creating a better sexual experience and preventing incontinence later in life.
- Sex aids in the creation of endorphins “nature’s morphine”, activating neurotransmitters and providing a sense of calm and wellbeing.
- Sex and exercise produce nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas”, which aids circulation and activates neurotransmitters, which in turn produce serotonin and tryptophan